Tasmanian Family History Society Mersey header

The Bluff Cemetery Devonport

First Known Burial

Was on 25th October 1887 of Mr. Thomas Lloyd

The Bluff cemetery is located on the corner of Coles Beach Road and Bluff Road, Devonport it was established in 1886 It is the last resting place of many Devonport Pioneers and their families.

The cemetery was officially closed in 1922, burials were still held there for a further 25 years. Family members who owned a plot of land were still able to use that land once the cemetery was closed. The area was cleared in 1966 and made into a grass parkland with just a few headstones set to the side.

 

┬ęTFHS Inc. All rights reserved
Site last updated October 2022